So I learned something new on this recipe. My muffins always had a bluish/purply tint to them. Not sure where Wyatt picked this up, but if you toss the blueberries in flour first, it acts as a seal. No more purple muffins! #mindblown.
Best Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh, rinsed blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners, or butter to keep the muffins from sticking.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs until mixed well.
- Add vegetable oil, stir to combine.
- Whisk sour cream,milk,and lemon zest into butter mixture until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine blueberries and 1/2 cup of flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture until combined.
- Add blueberries into the batter, gently folding together until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin liners. Batter will be thick.
- Place muffins in preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes.