What do cakes and baseball have in common? They both rely on the batter!
If you have a kitchenaid mixer, this will go really quickly. It’s a really delicious cake, very moist.
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Stir in carrots, coconut, and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gently stir into carrot mixture.
- Add nuts (if desired)
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out of cake clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Blend until smooth