Wyatt’s gotten the hang of making his own favorite breakfast. We’re still working on opening and closing the plastic ziplock baggy with the cheese in it (it really is challenging when using mostly one hand!), and splitting an English muffin can be slow going- but I think with practice he’ll get the hang of it. Once we figure out the best technique we’ll try and do a demo.
Preparing this dish is mostly about the order of things, and having tools and ingredients ready before you start. Having the toasted muffin ready to go for when the eggs are completed means you only have to gently flip the eggs on top of them, rather than moving the eggs twice.
Scrambled Egg Sandwich
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk (approx)
- butter for coating pan (optional)
- 1 english muffin (toasted)
- 1 slice of your favorite cheese
- hot sauce (optional)
- Prepare an English muffin in the toaster. Put toasted muffins on a plate.
- Crack and scramble egg.
- Add milk and scramble more.
- Turn on stove to high to warm up pan.
- Butter pan (optional)
- Turn heat to medium.
- Pour eggs into pan.
- Stir and fold the eggs in the pan until eggs are no longer runny (shiny).
- Turn off heat.
- Pour eggs onto one side of the English muffin.
- Pour on hot sauce (optional)
- Place slice of cheese on eggs.
- Put the other side of the English muffin on top of the cheese.